Manchester City and Liverpool have taken proactive steps in ensuring their players are back in camp in one piece.
Both top Premier League clubs reportedly flew the Brazilian stars on international duty back from South America to England ahead of their clash over the weekend.
Pep Guardiola and his boys would play host to the highly attacking Jurgen Klopp side on Saturday at the Etihad. Victory for either side would make them temporary log leaders before Manchester United play later in the day.
Neither of both managers would want to lose further ground to Jose Mourinho, who has been touted as the real threat in the league this term. Liverpool’s 4-0 thrashing for Arsenal before the international break would serve as a warning to City that havestruggled to win games so far.
City would still not have IlkayGundogan available as the player continues to work on his fitness levels following a serious knee injury last term. The team would have Kyle Walker after he served his one-match ban.
Apart from an underwhelming display against the Tartan Army of Scotland in the 6th round of the European World Cup qualifications the England national team prior to their opponents had a lot on their plates as supposed team captain Wayne Rooney was not seen with the squad as a result of coach Gareth Southgate’s decision not to invite the Manchester United skipper.
It is an open that Rooney althoughat the twilight of his career will love nothing more than to be at next year’s World Cup in Russia at least to have a well one last hurrah and the chance to win one major trophywith his nation.
The Three Lions have had their own fair share of controversies over the years and although the current coach has done a great job since taking over from Sam Allardyce this one last mudsling with the highest goal scorer in ManchesterUnited’s history appear to be something that might trigger off issues the last thing the nation of England deserve from this team that has specialized in the art of failing to add up to their individual talented sums.
Former Brazil international Cafu has selected his all-time pick at the national level. He admitted that it was a tough one and some players would be left out as there was a limit. He started with the notion of keeping possession so he went with Paulo Roberto Falcao, Zico and Rivellino in the heart of his all-time Brazil XI.
In the choice of goalkeepers, despite the lot that the South American side has used over the years, he opted for Claudio Taffarel. Cafu explained that it was because of the “calm, smooth and peaceful” nature. The fact that the keeper played in three World Cups also helped.
Former Brazil star player Ronaldinho believes that Brazil can win the next World Cup.
He said that the team has made some great progress ever since the last tournament and that they have a team worthy to be champions now.
Ronaldinho said that in the previous tournament the team was over-reliant on Neymar and that opposing team could easily stop Brazil by neutralizing their best player but at the moment he feels that the team is playing better collectively.
Ronaldinho said that the Brazil national team has improved massively in recent games and that it is no surprise that they have reached the top place in the FIFA rankings. He said that the players now play better as a team and that it is harder for opposition to stop them.
Lionel Messi had come to the tour of France with the plan that after playing the PSG match, he would make his way to Egypt for an event instead of taking the next flight back to Spain with the rest of the Barcelona boys.
The thing is that there has been a programme launched in Egypt where they are providing the treatment for the life threatening disease Hepatitis C without taking a single penny from the sufferers and are also providing the lodging facility for them.
Messi as well as the Selecao Footballer Dani Alves were signed as the two promoters of the programme last year and it was actually towards the end of the last year itself that Messi had to participate in the promotional event of the programme.
But, around that same time, Egypt was hit by the blasts and the scheduled trip to the country was therefore not considered safe for Messi. As a result of that, the date was pushed ahead indefinitely.
Carlos Tevez has managed to secure a £ 30 million per year contract with Chinese super league clubs if rumours are to be believed.
He will be making the move from Boca Juniors, leaving Brazilian Robinho as the most prominent asset in South American football. Robinho’s contract comes to an end in just over a year. However, Santos have revealed that they are optimistic about signing their former player.The former Manchester City, Real Madrid, and AC Milan forward currently represents AtléticoMineiro. However, he is on the wishlist of many other clubs considering that his contract is coming to an end.
Despite being 32, Santos see Robinho as someone who can lift the fortunes of the club. The club finished nine points behind Palmeiras in the Brazilian Serie A, with just concluded. It is an extremely poor outcome for the club considering that they were not even close to the title winners. Keen to change this element, the club are expected to make some significant investment in the transfer window.
Brazil is set to meet with their biggest rival in South America in one of November’s biggest football clash.
Both managers of the Brazilian and Argentinean national team sides are meeting in the South American classico for the first time. The Brazilian counterpart, Tite goes into the affair as the one that has made the most impression since taking over the top job in Brazil.
Tite has enjoyed a perfect start since taking over. He has supervised stunning victories for the Selecao. However, Argentina would always be a different challenge. This is also the first time the team would return to the Mineirao stadium since the 7-1 humiliation by Germany at the 2014 World Cup they hosted.
On the other hand, Argentina national team boss Edgardo Bauza has had it a bit tough since he took over the team. The two-time Copa Libertadores winner is a familiar face in Brazil. He managed Sao Paulo before leaving to take up the job after former coach Gerardo Martino resigned. He started well, defeating Uruguay 1-0 but has supervised draws against Venezuela and Peru before a disappointing home loss to Paraguay.
Tite has coached Brazil to the top of the current standings in the Copa America set-up, setting them up for automatic qualification. Argentina place fifth – outside an automatic qualification spot for Russia in 2018. Tite enjoys the admiration of everyone in Brazil and is tagged the best Brazilian coach in the game. Bauza got his job ahead of many high-profile coaches who pose more successes. To put this in perspective, 13 out of 32 coaches at the 2016 Copa Libertadores were Argentinean. Only three were Brazilian. With both teams hungry to seal their qualification hopes, the game sets up an interesting clash but the bookers seem to favour Brazil on this one.
Brazil and Barcelona forward Neymar has reportedly told his coach Tite that he will be surrendering the captaincy of the team.
He said that it was a pleasure for him to having led the team, but he feels that it will be better for the team that another player is given the role.
Neymar has successfully led Brazil to a first gold medal at the Olympic Football tournament where they managed to beat Germany in the penalty shootout. This was the first gold medal that Brazil has won at the Olympics, and it was a very important one especially after their disappointment at the last World Cup.
Neymar and his teammates were keen to erase the hurtful memories that the Brazilian fans have experienced at the last World Cup, and they did it in brilliant fashion by beating a German team that humiliated them at the last World Cup.
However, Neymar has stated after the tournament that he does not wish to remain as the captain of the team and that it will be better for him that he is replaced.
The Brazil soccer team is currently focusing on the Olympics.
There are certain changes that are being made in the squad accordingly. For instance, William and Phillippe Coutinho would be in the squad that would leave for Copa America. Dunga is being hailed as a competitive team for this tournament. Neymar is being considered either for Rio Olympics or for Copa America as per Barcelona’s request.
Copa America is coming up with US which will be played out next month. There has been a tough test that USA team faces in the run-up against teams like Costa Rica and Columbia for Copa America 2016. Dunga as Brazil’s coach has a lot of responsibilities on his shoulders. He has accepted Barcelona’s request that Neymar would be considered as a striker for either one of the competitions and that he be kept aside for the upcoming Rio Olympics that would be held in August. Dunga has named his squad for Rio and it includes seven players who are all under the age of 23 and would be eligible for Rio games. Besides Neymar, there could be Willian, who is a Chelsea midfielder as well as Philippe Coutinho, who has been selected from the Liverpool team. Both players have come in from England.
After a meeting with the Brazilian football confederation, it has been decided that Dunga will remain in charge of the Brazilian sides for both the Copa America and the Olympics.
A poor run of form has suggested that Dunga might be replaced at the head of the Olympics team so that he can devote himself entirely to the senior team.
Brazil’s technical director GilmarRinaldo has stated that the meeting was just a routine one and that there has been nothing new that has been discussed. He added that Dunga will go to the end of his contract with the Brazil national team.